Thursday, June 27, 2013

SL Disney Bound – Week Fifteen: Boo

Peeking Out

For the Disneybound challenge this week, Boo from Monsters Inc, I ended up dressing it up quite a bit so I don't look very much like a young child frightened of the monsters under her bed, but it is nighttime when they'd be most likely to show up. I'm beginning to experiment more with shadows, and I am really, really loving the effect. This time I ended up taking pictures at my home so that I could play around with windows and moonlight, and ended up being very glad I could rez something to stand on - it's hard to place oneself into a narrow band of light. The effect is incredible, though - lights glean, shadows bend naturally over cloth and skin, the images almost seem to glow from within. I'm completely blown away with how transformed the images I can take in Second Life are by this - how much more natural they seem all with a single change we usually don't even think about.

Shadows and Light

To mimic Boo's hairstyle, I pulled up this amazing old hairstyle from Wasabi Pills with pug tails and enormous bows. It's an old favorite and really demonstrates the quality of her work over time. In place of a loose, oversized pink shirt, I pulled on this dress I got at Second Life's Tenth Birthday, a gorgeous ruched, beribboned confection from Ala Folie with an amazing red ribbon pattern over the fabric. I was astonished at how it lit up under the moonlight, as well - looking almost like it was made of satin. In place of the tights Boo wears, I tinted a pair of pants from Poised to tuck under my dress and into my cute little socks from G Field, like her socks. My one wish is I had sock tinters for my SLink feet so that I could have a nicer shape for them - the default Second Life foot is so ugly in so many ways. The final touch - not part of Boo's look but an addition for the far more evening-dress meets stay at home chic were these pearls from Eclectica - a really gorgeous and simple set that ties the whole look together.

Archway

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: De La Soul, Candace Creamer
Hair: Wasabi Pills, Trish
Eyes: De La Soul, Mesh Eye Rainbow
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Wings: Fancy Fairy, Azarelle
Jewelry: Eclectica, Pearm Mixables
Hands: SLink, Enhanced Mesh Hands
Nails: Adore & Abhor, Princess Nails
Dress: Ala Folie, Brigitte rose (free at SL10B)
Pants: Poised, Dreams Pants (tinted)
Socks: G Field, Layerable Ruffle Socks

Pose: Adorkable Poses

Location: My Home
Light Settings: TOR, NIGHT That Spells Moon 4
Water Settings: TOR, Eyeballin'

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment