Sunday, September 15, 2013

SL Disney Bound – Week Twenty Four: Mushu

Dragon Eyes

I went full on theatrical for Mushu, but I'm afraid I've long left behind the idea that any of these looks would be casual ones for going out into the community, unless that community was Second Life, in which case I took this look dancing last night. The eyes are a release from Tacky Star that I thought really embodied the draconic spirit; I particularly like how dark the pupils are, like pools deep into my brain. This style is available in a wide variety of colors, too, each of them delicate and crisp, and you can change the size of the iris through clicking the eye itself, as these are prim eyeballs. The lips are from an old Adore & Abhor set which I return to time and again because they're so unique, delicate, and fantastic. I love the effect of layering the smaller lip color over larger lips. It's especially fun in the "toothsmile" setting, where it ends up pulled thin and tight. My skin is a fantastic release from Fallen Gods which I've been sitting on a while, and I'm really struck by the delicate texturing on the face. I like how it gives the illusion of movement even though I'm perfectly still; it looks lace-like in it's delicacy, and the pattern continues, as you can see below, everywhere. I also really, really like the teeth - which fit into the color pallet perfectly while still adding a creepy effect when I smile. The texturing also continues over the hands and feet, but I played a bit of a conjuring trip because I wanted to make use of the SLink hands and feet, and Fallen Gods doesn't (yet?) release appliers for them. I used Orc Inc's arm and leg fades to bring in a similar enough shade of red - you can see the fade point below about mid-upper arm. I sort of wish Orc Inc had included a lower fade, and I may end up playing some more myself with forearm fades to see if I can correct for other fantasy skins; I adore using them, but more often than not they don't release the necessary appliers, and the tones are unusual enough that it can be difficult to find an applier that would work from another skin line.

Dive to You

My hair is a gorgeous new release from Underscore with some new texture options, like this layering of different shades of red which I thought set off my skin so beautifully. I love the lighter bits over the bangs, giving depth to the color. I topped it with roses, this headdress from Glam Affair which got rather a lot of play on the feeds back in the day. I love the simplicity of it, and how well the curved base sits on my hair; it also works well tucked up against an updo. My wings are one of the rares from Deviance's gatcha for the Fantasy Gatcha Event, not available at her main store to suck all of the lindens out of your pockets. I don't have words for how much I love these wings; the simple fact that they effectively haven't left my back since I got them should speak for itself. My outfit is another older release, this time from r2; I had considered looking for a skirt to go under the sheer top, and I may still see what I can find for the other shirt tops as I am certain they'll make their way through this blog. One problem with mesh separates is that they are much harder to layer due to the different shapes people use, and this is made doubly difficult with sheer - but the quality of this top is so high I think the effort is well worth it. You can see how delicately it meets the chest, how elegant it is while being completely alluring. Finally, my shoes - from Syl - are part of an ever-increasing stable of shoes made to complement the SLink feet. I particularly like these because of the unusual shape and the strappy style; you can see them up close in this picture, how well they are shaped and textured, and the open work of the heel. This is the lower platform - there is also a higher platform which might require you to edit your shape to stand taller. I love these sorts of artistic, unusual shoe styles, so when I saw these and thought through my rather extreme stylin for this look, these seemed simply perfect - and I think you'll agree they are.

Fall to Earth

( More pictures here. )

Credits: 

Skin: Fallen Gods, Onyrica Mimic Bordeaux
Hair: Underscore, Chiara S
Hat: Glam Affair, Framed Headdress
Ears: Illusions, Seelie Ears
Eyes: Tacky Star, Amber Burning
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Lipstick: Adore & Abhor, Silent Star
Wings: Deviance, Sidhe Wings
Hands and Feet: SLink, Rigged Mesh Hands and Medium Feet
Nails: Orc Inc, Goth
Arm and Leg Fades: Orc Inc, Blend Red
Outfit: r2, Sheer Shirt & Skinny Pants
Shoes: Syl, Climbstra Platform Sandals

Poses: Grafica


Location: China
Light Settings: Phototools, Lo Light 02
Water Settings: Default

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping, only

No comments:

Post a Comment