Friday, January 23, 2015

We Love RP: An Early Spring

Mad Hatter's Snacks

We Love RP is open for a little while longer, until the end of the month, and the items in the offing are truly remarkable. The first look I pulled together was this one, of a petal fairy with lacy leaf boots and one of the most ornate hairstyles I've worn in a while! The hair is from Calico, and is characteristic for both her eye for detail and her unique style. I have loved her hair for years, and I'm thrilled to see her create rigged mesh with such aplomb. The multiple braids are adorable, and I love the layers of curls falling back from the crown of the head. One touch that sets her hair apart is the streaks system, where a subset of hairs (here shown in red) can be changed to any number of colors using a special, additional HUD. I love these kinds of touches, especially in hair this ornate! There is a flexy add-on as well that I'm not taking advantage of here, but which looks lovely while dancing.

Bare Branches Give More Light

The outfit is from Evie's Closet, another old favorite of mine who has made the transition to rigged mesh beautifully. This is layered chiffon with different textures combining beautifully, and overall the sense of the underside of rose petals. I love the touch at the strap ends of having it be a pale gold, like the tiny connections of petal to stem, and the delicate straps are simply perfect. I also like the ragged edges of each layer and how they seem to crumble here and there. I've not seen much in the "wearing flowers" line since mesh became a thing, and I'm so glad to see it re-emerging here, and so well. I wouldn't be surprised to see these petal dresses on the backs of every fairy on the grid within a month or so - and it's available in a ton of other colors! In fact, I may well have to head back to fill out my collection; pink isn't enough when there's purple and blue to hunt for!

Cherries in the Snow

My final We Love RP is from Lassitude & Ennui - these amazing boots, as ragged and uneven as if they were sewn from bits of leaf for the legs of a flower fairy. They are made for flat feet and fit well over both regular mesh and SLink mesh legs; I'm wearing SLink mesh legs here. I love that the weaving up the side is uneven; as I've talked about in the past, it is far easier to make regular and perfect things in a virtual world, and takes extra effort to make things uneven or jagged. The bunching and ties here show an incredible amount of word and attention to detail, fabric buckling naturally over strings that pull up the sides and bows which look hurriedly done by a very busy woman! It all combines to wonderful effect, right down to only some of the points at the top standing tall, while others bend over under their own weight. Amazing verisimilitude, and care that really caught my attention.

My Little Friend

Make sure to swing by We Love RP before the month is over, for these wonders and so many more!

( More pictures here. )

Credits:

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Sparkles: Folly, Rainbow Sheen
Hair: Calico, Melora (We Love RP)
Crown: {Cherry}, Alura Fairy Crown & Makeup
Ears: .:Soul:., High Elf
Eyes: .:Soul:., RooMee
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Lipstick: Mock, Budding Love Lip Glass
Wings: Deviance, Sidhe
Jewelry: Lazuri, Nayomi Gartner Set
Body, Hands and Feet: SLink, Rigged Mesh Body, Hands and Feet
Nails: Dark Passions, Andromeda's Aura
Outfit: Evie's Closet, Cryseis Fairy (We Love RP)
Shoes: Lassitude & Ennui, Thylacine boots (We Love RP)

Pose: Flowey

Location: Umbral Photography
Light Settings: Phototools, Meni Light 01
Water Settings: Mirror Water

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping

No comments:

Post a Comment