Monday, December 28, 2015

Genre: Regency

Genre: Regency

Genre is back this month and it's Regency time - one of the eras of England I'm most familiar with, thanks to an attachment to the fiction of the time. For the wealthy, everything was about restraint and simplicity, sumptuous fabrics and delicate laces being the main markers of class, and this is the Empire that the empire waistline gets its name from. For women's gowns this is the Genre to hit - and there's even an awesome option for the men, entirely historically accurate.

I'm first showing off Fission's empire gown, one perfect for a ball with a double layer of fabric, one patterned and the other not. It has the signature square neckline and puff sleeves, with nice dark colors for the married or mature woman. The fit is slim at the waist with a flaring hip and skirt which brushes the floor beautifully. It's rigged well and the texture tolerates a certain amount of drag and push well; my only complaint is that it isn't lined, meaning I had to take my shoe shot au natural instead of against the fabric texture. Otherwise it is delightful, and with the length 90% of the time the lack of lining won't matter anyway. The other colors are amazing as well - nice mixes of shades with rich texturing - so definitely give Fission's style a long look to see if it will meet your empire waistline needs.

Since I was making a look for a ball, the next demand was formal gloves, and Senzafine fit the bill beautifully. These are not a SLink add on; instead the gloves have their own independent HUD system with a variety of hand shapes and hands which are rigged to change with the size of your hand. For this gown, the gloves go up under the sleeve itself, but on a shorter cap sleeve they will give you that delicious line of skin between edges. The HUD is very easy to use; I just wish there was a fatpack option so I could change color and hand shape all in one! I picked up the white to go with this outfit, but I'm sure I'll be back for more as I roll out more Regency looks.

My jewelry is a delicate set from Krystal in a tiara style, with double layers of diamond drops set on either gold or silver chain. Matching drops hug my ears, their understated elegance perfect for a formal ball. I love the second layer of chain hanging between each pair of jewels, and I'm showing off the diamond set but there is also a multicolored gem option. Tucked under my long skirts are these adorable shoes from Eclectica, made with her signature good taste and clear colors. I especially appreciated having something light colored, and as an added bonus you can tint her shoes all kinds of colors - one of the things I adore about Eclectica. The ring of gems for the buckle are an astonishing sumptuous touch which take a simple shoe totally over the top.

What made me move is Nantra's fun poses, inspired by Pride and Prejudice and with a charming P&P book included for a few of the reading poses. It also comes with a white fence (not shown) for snubbing eligible young men over, and can be purchased next to a couple of couples poses for the indomitable Mr. Darcy and his eventual Lady Love. Pride and Prejudice is among my favorite books - I read it at least once a year - so this chance to step into Lizzie's sensible and snarky shoes is irresistible. Your love for this Genre event is equally inevitable - so make sure to swing by and pick up everything you need to enjoy the height of the Regency in style!

Credits:

Skin: Izzie's, Irene
Hair: D!va, Flora

Eyes: .:Soul:., Roomee
Eyelashes 1: SLink, Mesh Lashes
Eyelashes 2: Flugeln Brise, 05-A
Ears: .:Soul:., High Elf
Wings: Deviance, Sidhe
Jewelry: Krystal, Regency Jewelry Set (Genre)
Gloves: Senzafine, Theodora (Genre)

Book: Nantra, P&P Book (Genre - included with Lizzie poses)
Outfit: Fission, Caroline Gown (Genre)

Feet: SLink, Medium Feet
Shoes: Eclectica, Regency Shoe (Genre)

Pose: Nantra, Lizzie (Genre)

Location: My Platform

Windlight Settings: Places, Greed

Photographed by Deoridhe Quandry
Post processing: Cropping

No comments:

Post a Comment